Emmanuel (Manuel) named after his grandfather, Manuel Consalus was born about 1753 in New Jersey and died after 1833 East Bloomfield, Lyons, New York. Manuel married prior to 1802 Catherine Barclay. Manuel’s name was on a petition, Jan 1st 1794 (at Knowlton), to the Governor, etc., from inhabitants of Sussex County complaining of the $50 annual payment that must be paid to the Brigade Inspector.
In March 1806 Manuel was a member and a trustee of the First Presbyterian Church of Hazen just SE of Belvidere as early as 1804 and he helped in the building the church. In 1806 and 1808 Manuel and his son Peter mortgaged their 90-acre farm and Mountain land to Ramsay Barton. “Emmanuel Quick" and "Peter Quick son of Manuel” which never came to fruition and was cancelled. Manuel sold all of his land on Oxford he received from his father Peter to Frederick and Jacob Dernberger. By 1810 Manuel and his family were living in Sodus, Ontario, New York  and in Lyons, Ontario, New York by 1820. Manuel must have seen the lush area around East Bloomfield when he was serving in the Sullivan Expedition during the Revolutionary War in 1779 and eventually moved there. In the pension record of his brother Samuel is mentions “That deponent has searched diligently and can fond none of his companions in arms alive, and know of none; unless is his two brothers, Peter Quick, who moved many years since into Canada and whom he has not heard from for several years, and his other brother Manuel Quick who has also moved into the same neighborhood many years since and which brothers he don’t know whether they are dead or alive.”
Manuel and Catherine had;
Born about 1775-80 and died about 1829-39 married Eleanor Cummings on April 28th 1807  daughter of Jacob and Mary (Morgan) “Mrs. Zetta Brugler Reed, 726 Eastern Avenue, Bellefontaine, Ohio, 43311, descends from James Quick, son of Manuel Quick. She says Manuel Quick moved from New Jersey to New York and was last heard of at Lyons, New York.” “Jacob’s first two children had middle names named after his parents, Keturah Barclay and Jacob Manuel. James died by drowning in 1829 or 39.” James and, Elizabeth had;
1. Keturah Barclay, born April 4th, 1808 Delaware, Knowlton Township. Oxford Co. New Jersey. and died January 20th, 1853 in Blairstown, Warren Co. New Jersey. Keturah married Abram France  and they and they had; 1. Rachel Ann born January 7th, 1839 Blairstown, Warren Co. New Jersey died June 17th Belvidere, Warren Co. New Jersey married (1) Henry Oberkirk Mar 24th  (2) William Henry Weaver. William and Rachel had: Mary born about 1861, Catherine (Kate) born about 1868, Theodore born about 1868, Albert born about 1870, George Sylvester born about 1873, Rosaleigh born about 1875, Elias Ellsworth born about 1878, and Henry William born about 1885. [17 2. Abraham born December 9th 1840 Blairstown, Warren Co. New Jersey and died after 1863 in New Jersey. Abraham registered for the Civil War on Jul 1st, 1863.  3. Richard born Mar 7th, 1842 in Blairstown, Warren Co. New Jersey died September 7th, 1860 Blairstown, Warren Co. New Jersey. Richard was living with the Raub family in 1860. 4. George W. born July 14th 1845 Blairstown, Warren Co. New Jersey died June 25th, 1876 Warren Co. New Jersey. George served in the Civil war as a Private in Co. I 35th Regiment, New Jersey Infantry.  5. Amy C. born November 8th, 1847 Blairstown, Warren Co. New Jersey died May 13th, 1933 Blairstown, Warren Co. New Jersey married Elias Heater. No known issue. 
2. Jacob Manuel born January 12th 1812 Delaware, Knowlton Township Oxford, New Jersey 
3. Jane born December 30th 1813 Delaware, Knowlton Township Oxford, New Jersey. 
4. Nancy born August 27th 1816 Delaware, Knowlton Township Oxford, New Jersey. 
5. Rachel born about 1818 Oxford, Sussex Co. New Jersey died May 25th, 1901 Big Springs, Logan Co. Ohio. married Ralph Titus Brugler. “Ralph T. Brugler married Rachel M. Quick; 1838, traveled from New Jersey to Ohio via horse & wagon, located in this quality area in 1856, moved to Big Springs, Ohio and) Brugler, Ralph Titus purchased former Sheperd farm; they were the parents of 12 children.” Rachel and Ralph had; 1. Sarah Eliza born October 8th, 1838 Rushcreek, Logan Co. Ohio died February 8th, 1929 Sweet Home, Linn Co. Oregon.  married March 1st 1857 Alexander Corwin.  They had; Ida R. born about 1858, Isaiah James born about 1861, John Q. born about 1870, and Anna B. born about 1877. 2. Isiah born July 26th, 1840 Rushcreek, Logan Co. Ohio died July 15th, 1911 Bokes Creek, Logan Co. Ohio married before 1861 (1) Nancy Mcdonald (2) October 7th, 1885 S. J. Crawford  (3) Dec 7th, 1890, Mary A Outland.  Nancy and Isaiah had; Dora born about 1862, Bertram born about 1870, Ralph T born about 1872, Gertrude born about 1874, William born about 1876, Carrie born about 1877, and Edwin born about 1884.  3. Charles Vanacoten born Sept 12th 1842 Rushcreek, Logan Co. Ohio died August 30th, 1852 Rush Creek, Logan Co. Ohio. 4. Levi Knowles born September 28th 1844 Rushcreek, Logan Co. Ohio died August 18th, 1904 Rush Creek, Logan Co. OH married Dec 15th, 1867 Sarah Jane Kennedy  They had; Franklin born about 1868, Charles E born about 1872, and James Harry born about 1873. 5. John Quick born November 16th, 1846 Equality, Logan Co. Ohio died September 24th 1933 Big Springs, Logan Co. Ohio married Nov 21st, 1872 Rachel Jane Johnson.  They had; Marshall Stewart born about 1873, Walton Edwin born about 1877, Lillian born about 1880, Fred born about 1883, John Lewis born about 1886, Samuel M. born about 1887, Stella born about 1890, Maurice Clair, born about 1892, and Garrett born about 1896. 6. Teresa Jane born February 19th, 1849 Logan Co. OH, died October 27th, 1925 Big Springs, Logan Co. Ohio married Aug 28th, 1869 James W. Gardner. Teresa’s Mother Rachel (Quick) lived with the family in 1900. 7. Samuel T. born May 20th 1851 Rushcreek, Logan Co. Ohio died September 27th, 1860 Rushcreek, Logan Co. Ohio died Early. 8. Mary Louisa born August 21st . 1854 Rushcreek, Logan Co. Ohio died Oct 21st 1933 Logan Co. Ohio married B. T. Getts. They had; Seth Roy born about 1881, Zacheus B. born about 1886, and Paul L. born about 1889. 9. George Washington born October 28th, 1856 Big Springs, Logan Co. Ohio died April 20th, 1935 Big Springs, Logan Co. Ohio married December 14th, 1878 Mettie Stevenson. They had: Maude born about 1880, Charles born about 1882, Delmar R. born about 1888, Porter born about 1894 and Edward (Unknown).  10. Alfred Titus born March 14th, 1859, Big Springs, Logan Co. Ohio died May 12th, 1940 Big Springs, Logan Co. Ohio married October 14th, 1878 Serena A. Stevenson.  They had: Elsie May born about 1887, Everett Guy born about 1889, Lena C. born about 1892, Carl Rood born about 1893, and Roscoe Francis born about 1897.  11. Martha Ella born October 20th, 1861 Big Springs, Logan Co. Ohio, died April 10th 1929 Lima, Allen Co. Ohio married February 6th, 1895 John W. Bower. They had; Lois Rachel born about 1896 and Teresa Floretta born about 1900. 12. Edwin McMasters Stanton born September 1864 Rushcreek, Logan Co. Ohio, died Jan 27th Bellefontaine, Logan Co. Ohio. married Jan 25th 1894 Mary S. Flower. They had: Zetta M. born about 1894, Glenn Harold born about 1896, Rachel Eliza born about 1899, Hobart Stanton born about 1901, Esther Geneva born about 1903, Mary Margorie born about 1907, and Hazel Lucile born about 1909.